What is the main use for call ducks?

Hi Tony Roo, the size of a call duck ( show type) differs slightly between countries as do measurements of some features.
The Dutch call duck weight is around 800 grams.
The English type a little smaller and the German type a little bigger if I'm not mistaken. I know for sure they are bigger than most serama's!
Thank you for clarification of size and origin.

Thank you for clarification of size and origin.
In my country there is a (hobby) breeders club which I'm part of. Just read some papers about it and can be more specific.

For the dutch call duck (Kwaker) the perfect bill has a ratio 1.27 : 1 (2.8x2.2cm) Yes very specific I know..
The dutch one can be 800g (-100 for the female and + 100 for the male)
Their behind can not be to pointed because of egglaying problems.

The German call duck (ZwergEnte) and the French call duck (Canard Mignon) can be 900-1000 gram

The UK version Call duck is what you are looking for because they are 600g (-100 for the female and + 100 for the male) their bill is slightly longer.
That is very close to a serama I believe...

I don't know the specifics for the USA call... but hope this helps!

In my country there is a (hobby) breeders club which I'm part of. Just read some papers about it and can be more specific.

For the dutch call duck (Kwaker) the perfect bill has a ratio 1.27 : 1 (2.8x2.2cm) Yes very specific I know..
The dutch one can be 800g (-100 for the female and + 100 for the male)
Their behind can not be to pointed because of egglaying problems.

The German call duck (ZwergEnte) and the French call duck (Canard Mignon) can be 900-1000 gram

The UK version Call duck is what you are looking for because they are 600g (-100 for the female and + 100 for the male) their bill is slightly longer.
That is very close to a serama I believe...

I don't know the specifics for the USA call... but hope this helps!
That description was what I was looking for, at the moment I'm just learning about them. And thank you.

Back
Top Bottom