What is the name of this chicken

Maybe you could ask Greenfire Farm's to import some. Don't they import other rare breed's from other countries? I think that they look like they survived a nuclear explosion somewhere, but to each their own.
While it's true that no one has imported any, it's not only because of a lack of interest. It's very illegal in Vietnam to export these birds. Think of trying to smuggle out bald eagle eggs in the us. They have very long prison sentences for people caught, and trust me, you don't want to go to most prisons in Vietnam

While it's true that no one has imported any, it's not only because of a lack of interest. It's very illegal in Vietnam to export these birds. Think of trying to smuggle out bald eagle eggs in the us. They have very long prison sentences for people caught, and trust me, you don't want to go to most prisons in Vietnam
Maybe the people on BYC could help change a law, make it fair for the chicken people 😅

But I do agree with the other poster that they're beautiful birds. Once you learn their purpose (larger shanks (considered a delicacy there)) then you can usually get past the shock of seeing them

Back
Top Bottom