What is the new Eggbid?

Hound

Songster
9 Years
Apr 25, 2010
I haven't hatched anything in forever, and lost 70+ birds to predators this year. Now I have a pretty homely-looking flock, mostly cross breeds that I was free ranging. I want to start raising some really nice birds again, but where is the place to buy good hatching eggs since Eggbid disappeared?

70 birds WOW !!! That's alot, my question would be have you really solved your preditor problem, before getting any newer ones.

AL

Quote:
I Second this!! You could potentially lose them all again.. Get a large guard dog? Lots of roosters? Fenced in run? whatever works to aid the situation. But tackle that FIRST, before buying new birds

roll.png
Thanks for the concern, but yes after losing $2000 worth of birds (heritage turkeys, exhibition line Black and Blue Orpingtons, Langshans, Marans, Blue and Lavender Geese) i'm pretty certain the predator issue is as under control as it reasonably can be. One of them is a rug, the other was too full of holes to do much with.

Last edited:
Perhaps if you had the slightest idea about the circumstances you wouldn't be so judgmental.

Back
Top Bottom