What is the predator

Aswilson1989

In the Brooder
Jun 7, 2021
So we have been having a slight predator problem and it finally left behind some traces of itself. First night it bit a bunch of my ducks but only one of them died and it was not until later that next day (we think we Interrupted its attack) the next night it dragged one of my heritage breed turkeys out of her pen and to the other side of the yard and ate her head neck and chest, the next night it took one of my chickens completely and left no trace. I’m pretty sure we have the pens completely predator proofed now since it had not gotten any more from us but it has been still coming into my yard just not able to get any of my birds. See the pictures below of where it came in and out of my yard the past few nights and the fur I found it left behind on one of my fences

Attachments

• IMG_4341.jpeg
    IMG_4341.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4352.jpeg
    IMG_4352.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4353.jpeg
    IMG_4353.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4351.jpeg
    IMG_4351.jpeg
    448.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4350.jpeg
    IMG_4350.jpeg
    387 KB · Views: 24
Also I just noticed it broke into a random old rabbit hutch we used and ate all the eggs we never collected yesterday.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    883.4 KB · Views: 14
With the red hair, it likely wouldn't have been a raccoon. It's probably a red fox. Get a trail camera and see what the problem is. If you catch it with a live trap you have two options - kill the animal or call Fish&Game and they can decide what to do with the animal sense it's illegal to relocate most any wild animal in Michigan.

Back
Top Bottom