What is this, a new breed?

Triplecross

Chirping
7 Years
Jan 6, 2013
Southern Michigan
lemon double barreds English Orpington? I saw this ad on Craigslist and haven't heard of it before so I googled and didn't find exactly that, but maybe the seller means lemon cuckoo orps?

(You can look on Craigslist Michigan in Flint for the ad)

Are Lemon cuckoo Orps a good egg laying breed?

Last edited:
Are Lemon cuckoo Orps a good egg laying breed?
All Orpington varieties are reasonably good layers that will typically give you 3-4 brown eggs per hen per week. If you want to consistently have more brown eggs per hen per week, then you will need to go with Black or Red Sex Links, Australorps, Production Reds, or Rhode Island Reds.

Agree with everything the others have said.

I would only add that I would be hesitant to purchase from someone who does not know how to list the bird correctly....what they have may be truly just a backyard experiment. It could be an off color that a responsible breeder is informing about...but I would ask some questions first to make sure it is an off color (example: Red Barred birds sold instead of listed as Rhodebar because the qualities were inferior preventing autosexing and SOP, which is a true, responsible statement) vs. someone who is trying to make a buck on a color or breed they don't really understand, which usually shows poor breeding skills.

LofMc

Thanks all, they look like pretty birds, I'll ask lots of questions if I decide to buy
1f913.png

Back
Top Bottom