What is this? Around my hens mouth

Chickencutey

In the Brooder
Oct 1, 2023
Idk if she got attacked or if this is another disease…. I also don’t understand why this batch of chickens has been so sick!!!! Everytime I get them meds they get sick again!!!! I’ve never had sick chickens in my life until we got this newer flock.

Attachments

• IMG_1327.jpeg
    IMG_1327.jpeg
    371.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1324.jpeg
    IMG_1324.jpeg
    483.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1319.jpeg
    IMG_1319.jpeg
    457 KB · Views: 23
:idunno I don't know what you are dealing with. However, I would suggest you put your geographic location in your icon so maybe someone in your area might be able to offer better thoughts. Sorry that you got some sick chickens.

Are you asking about the redness and some missing feathers around her beak? Have you looked inside her beak for any yellow matter or something unusual?
She’s not a chicken you can even catch or thst would ever let me look in her mouth lol she is crazy

It is odd if she did have feathers there that she got "plucked" so cleanly. I would need to use a hair removal cream to get my face that "fuzz free"

If it looks irritated (red) and she won't let you pick her up, get close (pretending to garden near her so she comes to look can work). Then spray her with vertercyn (did I spell that wrong again? The little blue bottle for cuts & infection)

I have gotten away with that with some hens who just won't let me care for little issues. I haven't tried it on a beak, but it worked on feet. Make sure you time it well the first time, because she will be. While before forgetting the ploy. ;)

Back
Top Bottom