What is this fluffy stuff?

Weird, my first though was cottonwood tree fluff, that is flying here now, but it would be every where.
If it is from the damp as suggested above, after the vinegar spray, get yourself a bag of stall dry and sprinkle some over the area, it really helps keep their living area dry. They will just dig it in. Don't be shy about using it.

Weird, my first though was cottonwood tree fluff, that is flying here now, but it would be every where.
If it is from the damp as suggested above, after the vinegar spray, get yourself a bag of stall dry and sprinkle some over the area, it really helps keep their living area dry. They will just dig it in. Don't be shy about using it.
Using Stall Dry was my thought after a good vinegar cleaning too. I'm loving the stall dry for my coop and run. keeps things really dried out, less smelly and sanitized.

Wow. That much mold is likely due to the coop being too wet, which is usually a drainage issue. I think I would dig down in the run and see if it's sopping wet. If so I would resituate the whole coop up a little higher on a mound. I think I would put a french drain down the center of the coop extending 2-4 feet out either side. I would put weed cloth over the french drain (keep sand and mud from clogging it up), and hardware cloth over the weed cloth (wouldn't want rats coming through the french drain and getting in the coop). I would also make sure the roof water is draining away from the coop. It doesn't look like you can add gutters there, so more french drains to carry the roof water away may also be needed. I would make sure my cement slabs are graded to drain away from the run.

Last edited:
I live in North Central Florida and have never seen anything like that. I would get some Oxine and the activator. Mix and soak the ground. google Oxine. It will not hurt the chickens. when used with the activator do not allow them to walk in it until dry....of course right now may not be the time to do with all the rain.
I use Oxine all the time a good product.

Back
Top Bottom