what is this from?

yomama

Crowing
10 Years
Nov 6, 2009
outside, except when I'm inside
Hey all,
I have a 9 week old White Rock pullet. Today, I noticed two little scabby areas on either side of the base of her beak. She is still indoors, in a brooder, with her 10 other buddies. (They still have room, though it is getting a little small for them. As soon as the coop gets finished, they go outside.) She has not been outside, exposed to any other birds. She is netorious for grabbing feathers, and running around the brooder, making all kinds of noise, with all the other chicks chasing her. I am wondering if these little spots are from the other birds pecking at her when she has a feather, or if it could be something else. None of the others are showing these kinds of spots on their face, or anywhere else. She, as well as all the others, are acting fine, eating and drinking good, and all getting along, no pecking at each other. Any suggestions or ideas of what these spots are?
Thanks!
The spots are small, located on both sides, right at the base/underside of the beak.
These were the best pics I could get
44142_dscf0015_015.jpg

44142_dscf0014_014.jpg

Looks like pox getting started, keep your eye on it, if its pox it will spread to the face & eyes & can cause eye loss, you also need to quarantine her from the rest & keep check on them also.

Do you think they are small wounds from rubbing her face? I know my girls do that everytime they eat.

Back
Top Bottom