What is this??? GRAPHIC PICS

I looked up chicken ovary tumors and this apparently was on backyardchickens. Sorry about the size, as some of you know I have problems with this. I can not get the url to post on this picture, I will do it separately.
0207c307_CIMG5286.jpeg
That's what it looked like more than anything..just filled with yolk

If the tumor was the follicle itself then the corpus luteum would still be in it.
The thread that was attached to it would have been what attached the follicle to the ovary.... bead strand thingie.

(because I apparently have used up my quotient of big words today.
he.gif
)

If the tumor was the follicle itself then the corpus luteum would still be in it.
The thread that was attached to it would have been what attached the follicle to the ovary.... bead strand thingie.

(because I apparently have used up my quotient of big words today. :he  )

Lol..for you and me both..
So best bet would probably be to just "wait and see" .. if she lays or not..
Guessing antibiotics would have no effect either way??

I am thinking it is now a condition.

it might be like those of us who have endometriosis,
Just because we have it doesn't mean we will get cancer or that it is cancer, It is just a condition.

The stigma might have been compromised on that follicle so the entire thing shed. On others, the follicle might get to split.
I would think that eventually she would get filled with extra follicle tissue since it has nowhere to go.
I am just guessing here.
Random ideas.

If she starts looking miserable you might want to consider her quality of life.

I have endo too .. that makes total sense..

I agree..it's beyond disgusting. .
All of her eggs up to the point when she stopped laying were perfect (have several chicks n eggs in the bator to prove it)..
But she's showing zero outward signs of any issue.. no squatting or standing stiff and upright, she goes about her days like she always has..I honestly thought when she stopped laying, that I had been lied to about her age (bc I was lied to about her breed).. and figured she was a lot older and was just reaching the end of her laying days....she chases grasshoppers like a chick, pecks, scratches, chases me for meal worms. .that's why I'm so stumped..

But absolutely if she starts acting bothered by whatever it is..at least she'll have had some of a great life here after being in the pit I found her..

I have found many weird things in the nests after collecting very literally tens of thousands of eggs, but nothing like that. Either that, or the hens beat me to it, but with the roll out nests I even collect shell-less eggs unbroken most of the time.

I'd not medicate, just take a wait and see approach.

I have found many weird things in the nests after collecting very literally tens of thousands of eggs, but nothing like that.  Either that, or the hens beat me to it, but with the roll out nests I even collect shell-less eggs unbroken most of the time.  

I'd not medicate, just take a wait and see approach.

Right? !
She's still acting completely normal, aside from not laying.. but no gross surprises either so that's a plus.. I'll tell you what, I don't think your chickens would have beat you to this ...thing...
I have a dog that will eat anything. And I do mean anything.. she of course ran to the compost pile when I went to toss it, licked a little of the yolk out, and promptly walked away..

Right? !
She's still acting completely normal, aside from not laying.. but no gross surprises either so that's a plus.. I'll tell you what, I don't think your chickens would have beat you to this ...thing...
I have a dog that will eat anything. And I do mean anything.. she of course ran to the compost pile when I went to toss it, licked a little of the yolk out, and promptly walked away..
sickbyc.gif
lol

Back
Top Bottom