What is this in my roosters foot? Causing bleeding

emilythestrange

Chirping
Oct 22, 2020
Midlands UK
I have noticed abit of blood about in the coop over the last week or so
I have now seen the potential cause of the bleeding
My rooster has a strange thing in his foot almost like another toenail or a piece of something in there ?

Attachments

• A5D1AF56-3349-4FB7-87FA-252A8339449E.jpeg
    A5D1AF56-3349-4FB7-87FA-252A8339449E.jpeg
    374 KB · Views: 14
  • 5665ADDE-C5FE-4937-958E-3DFCB8689009.jpeg
    5665ADDE-C5FE-4937-958E-3DFCB8689009.jpeg
    546.9 KB · Views: 14
From the photo, it looks to me like he has two toes there and that there has been some kind of trauma to the second toe - a lost/damaged nail. Does he actually have another digit there?

What breed is your roo?

I have noticed abit of blood about in the coop over the last week or so
I have now seen the potential cause of the bleeding
My rooster has a strange thing in his foot almost like another toenail or a piece of something in there ?
Hello emilythestrange, I'm currently dealing with the same problem and I have a few questions, how did he recover from it? what products did you use to heal it? Please respond ASAP, it would help me save my rooster from this toe nail problem!

Thanks,
Valerie

Hello emilythestrange, I'm currently dealing with the same problem and I have a few questions, how did he recover from it? what products did you use to heal it? Please respond ASAP, it would help me save my rooster from this toe nail problem!

Thanks,
Valerie
I’m sorry I didn’t do anything as the toe stopped bleeding. I think there was two toes kind of fused together. Silkie five toed thing? I don’t think I’ve owned a silkie with five individual toes yet with their own bones separated for each digit

unfortunately this was my favourite rooster and he passed away unexpectedly and suddenly about 4 weeks ago

Back
Top Bottom