1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What is this little fart?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Shannoniganshens, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Shannoniganshens

Shannoniganshens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    West TX
    He's my bad boy, I have been told California white/grey to Delaware, but I couldn't tell you, he has 2 hens, that are nothing like him, their legs are yellow,beaks 2 and just lightly speckled on their backs. I am kind of thinking an Americana, but he has no beard. He is 8 weeks old and very friendly, just likes to start fights with every chicken in the flock male or female. I don't want to get rid of him, he's grown on me, just would like to know what he is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please excuse the dirty water, I clean it twice a day, my chickens stand in it all day, usually after they dust.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  2. Moxiechick

Moxiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2010
    Maine
    Easter Eggers usually have green legs. If that is a single comb, your bird looks like a White Sussex to me.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  3. Tiramisu

Tiramisu Got Mutts

May 3, 2008
    Milan PA
    I would guess Delaware...maybe a cross, or just bad stock.

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Columbian Rock, Dellie, Light Sussex.

Sorry I can't tell.

5. Shannoniganshens

Shannoniganshens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    West TX
    Hatchery chick [​IMG] ???? The woman I got him from had gotten 150 hatching eggs from a hatchery and had no idea what most of them were at hatching time. She told me California White, but I'm just not seeing it, I went in with my learning on the difference of a roo and hen as a chick and did well, got a roo for 2-3 matching breed hens....or so I thought, the girls have yellow legs and beak, his are white and a black beak [​IMG] And I have looked and looked for a match on his breed and I am just going in circles and wanting to add to my flock from all the beautiful breeds I have run across. Thank you for ya'll's input. Gives me more circles to run [​IMG]

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Light Sussex.

pink legs - light sussex
    yellow legs - columbian rock
    barred, sparse black - Delaware

7. rebelprince76

rebelprince76 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 23, 2008
    Western Massachusetts
    Looks like a Delaware to me.

8. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Quote:Second that. [​IMG]

9. mrsmaonaigh

mrsmaonaigh Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    SE Georgia
    I have an EE that looks like that. She has yellow legs and lays blue eggs.

[​IMG]

10. WhetzelMomma

WhetzelMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2009
    Canyonville
    I have two like that, and I know for a fact they are mutts. lol Mine are crosses between a Plymouth White Rocks and Wyandottes as best we can figure from what the flock they came from had in it. One of mine has a rose comb, and the other has a single.

ETA: Mine both have yellow legs.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by