What is this predator?

I say possom. That's what we caught and we baited the trap with marshmallows, in the same area where it had eated from the same bird for 2 nights. I removed the bird and then put the trap with marshmallows because that's what dh's coworker caught all of his nuisance animals with--including coons that were tearing holes in his siding to live in and raise their babies.

Rebaited the trap and caught a coon last night. Still think it was the opossum, coon woud not have come back and eaten the dead one. My experience is that they are killing machines when they get started. Reset trap to see what else is prowling.

Never tried marshmellow for bait. Will have to give that at try, be easier than dog food.

Last edited:
Opossum...definitely...to catch it go find some persimmons from a persimmon tree and put it in a trap...if it's a opossum it'll be in the trap the next day
celebrate.gif
...trust me i used to get paid to catch coons and other rodents when i was a kid

Last edited:
foxes and cats will drag their prey to a safe area to eat them so they don't have to keep an eye out the whole time they are munching on their feast. I would say oppossum for sure!!! Good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom