What is this?

winner GIF
Yea me! I have to go into work though so someone else can take my turn

That's what I was thinking, for cutting sheet metal, but it seems like they'd be awfully awkward to use. I wonder with the handle ends shaped like that, if it was somehow inserted into something else. 🤷‍♀️
I was wondering where those went.

I use to cut plate steel with them. The handles use to be straight. But I got into a 3/4 piece of hardened plate steel one day way back when and as luck would have it I had just eaten a can of spinach and the handles bent in my hands before the steel cut. I just never knew my own strength.

I was upset because I had to go make a new pair of snippers after that and I threw them south east thinking they would end ocean. But I never did hear the splash when they landed, now I know, I was short of the Atlantic.

Well, if nobody else has anything, I'd like to know -what is this? I'm not certain what these are for, but I pity whoever had to use them as they weigh about 15 lbs!

View attachment 2904054

I think those are blacksmith shears for cutting heated metal.

the end was shaped like that so they could be pounded into a smith’s stump or put into the hole on an anvil

then a person could use all their weight on the other handle to push down, or the smith could pound with a hammer

the other end was bent to keep them from closing too far and jamming, or maybe to keep from getting molten metal between the blade?

Source: I know a black smith, he’s actually a white guy and his last name is Jenkins, but people call him a black smith 🤔

Back
Top Bottom