What is this?

@cherrynberry
@tripletfeb
It actually does... I recently used it to treat mites and lice. After a few treatments ALL are dead. I do not use permethrin because it has the potential to harm chickens. Its says to avoid with the face and eyes of the birds (kinda hard since they clean themselves) and is toxic to humans, bees, and cats. I'm not arguing but everyone has a different way of treating their birds.

We are here to give people advice, they can still do research on their own to use a product they're comfortable with.
I am here to give people the CORRECT advice. DE does not work and has been known to give chickens breathing problems. But, I will let the OP decide what they want to treat with

@cherrynberry
@tripletfeb
It actually does... I recently used it to treat mites and lice. After a few treatments ALL are dead. I do not use permethrin because it has the potential to harm chickens. Its says to avoid with the face and eyes of the birds (kinda hard since they clean themselves) and is toxic to humans, bees, and cats. I'm not arguing but everyone has a different way of treating their birds.

We are here to give people advice, they can still do research on their own to use a product they're comfortable with.
Its known for being temporary and often unsteady. Lots of cases of mites and lice coming back. There are a lot of factors that make DE completely useless. In my opinion, permethrin is superior and WORKS completely.

I won't use DE. It didn't work for me. Some people swear by it and that's ok if it works for them. I have my reasons which I have posted in other threads. I use permethrin and it has worked great for me when needed and there is no egg withdrawal period so the eggs are safe to eat. It comes in concentrate, premixed sprays and in poultry dust. I use the poultry dust in the nest boxes. Good luck...
casportponyPermethrinChartRev.jpg

Attachments

• PermethrinSprayR.jpg
    PermethrinSprayR.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 1
  • PoultryDust.jpg
    PoultryDust.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1
  • MartinsPen&PoultrySpray.jpg
    MartinsPen&PoultrySpray.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Permethrin10Concentrate.jpg