what is this?

well, maybe that's my weirdness (to think they taste like avocados).....maybe its just the texture that makes me think they taste kinda like them.

Don't really think those are Mango's. They look small (there are many different varietys but still those don't look right) and no where near ready to eat if they are. Mango's don't taste anything like avacado's, at least good ones don't! Hard to eat in public as they do make a mess, and you are going to have to wash everything after. Not nearly as much fun to peel them and cut them up!

mom'sfolly :

Those are fairly unripe Atauflo mangos, which are much smaller than other mangos. Green mangos are used in Indian cooking, to give certain foods a sourness.

Learned something new today, thank you.​

I love both avocado AND mango. There are a number of different kinds of mangos. Some are large and have various amounts of redness on hte skin. Others are smaller and are yellow when ripe. All should be somewhat soft when ripe, not hard. Difficult to cut as the seed is essentially shaped like a large oval -ish plate.

The ones in the photo look like what the grocery stores here calls champagne mangos. Probably not their real name, but they are sweeter and more delicately flavoured than the larger variety that has red on the skin.

Quote:
Those have always been referred to a turpintine mangoes here. My grandmother had several trees of those and 1 tree with another variety (I know know the name) that grew to be about the size of your head, they were sooo sweet.

jeez you have good food over there, mango's are just mango's over here!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom