What is this ?

yep, pretty sure that ones just a plain ol yellow gold that got mixed into the "amherst " eggs, happens a lot of times and the eggs are similar if you arent used to seeing them all the time.

If you were to take amherst eggs, red gold eggs and yellow gold eggs and mix them all up very few would be able to 100% correctly pick them all out.
Pretty sure that was just an accidental mix up there with an egg, wouldnt be that clean of a bird I wouldnt think if it had amherst parents even as a throw back to a generations past cross.

At what age do the yellow males start to develop the yellowing? I have some pics of some I hatched to see if you can tell me what I have.. This is great.

so here are my birds that I can not identify color. Hope you all can help me out.

56990_photo2.jpg

56990_pheasant_3.jpg

and then there are these guys

56990_photo.jpg

56990_pheasants_brown.jpg

56990_pheasant_4.jpg

Thanks
jen

all ruffed pheasnts (the golds and amherst) are 2 years old before they color up. At 1 year, they will get a few speckles of color but that's it.

The eyes are what's going to be the possitive ID er on these, and they all turned red in your pics.

If pale they are male, if chocolate brown they are female.

From what I can see, looks like a pair of both, but better eye pics would help.

second yellow does look to be a hen for sure

also the darker of the other two looks to be a hen

Back
Top Bottom