What is triple duty feed?

disastervibe

In the Brooder
Jul 20, 2021
This may sound like a silly question, but what exactly is triple duty chicken feed? Is it a brand or a category of feed like scratch, layer pellets, all flock, etc.? What's the difference between triple duty and all flock feed? Is there one?

I was on the phone with my local feed store, and the crumble form of it was recommended to me for my rooster who really hates pellets (I've been trying to switch him to pellets for weeks because they don't break into dust so much, but no luck).

This may sound like a silly question, but what exactly is triple duty chicken feed? Is it a brand or a category of feed like scratch, layer pellets, all flock, etc.? What's the difference between triple duty and all flock feed? Is there one?

I was on the phone with my local feed store, and the crumble form of it was recommended to me for my rooster who really hates pellets (I've been trying to switch him to pellets for weeks because they don't break into dust so much, but no luck).
Can you provide a link to the feed so we can see what you are talking about?

It's probably an "all flock" type feed, but then again...I wouldn't want to make any assumptions:)

Can you provide a link to the feed so we can see what you are talking about?

It's probably an "all flock" type feed, but then again...I wouldn't want to make any assumptions:)
I would but because it was a phone conversation, I'm not sure how I'll know if I've found the right product.

It might be what BrooksHatlen found, but I thought I head him say it was by the brand Land O' Lakes (which previously I only knew made butter, but apparently that's the brand he says his chick crumble is). I'll have to ask to see the bag next time I'm in the store.

I would but because it was a phone conversation, I'm not sure how I'll know if I've found the right product.

It might be what BrooksHatlen found, but I thought I head him say it was by the brand Land O' Lakes (which previously I only knew made butter, but apparently that's the brand he says his chick crumble is). I'll have to ask to see the bag next time I'm in the store.
It may be comparable to Purina Flock Raiser if it's Land 'O Lakes.
I would ask to see the bag next time and look at the analysis. Personally, an all flock/flock raiser type feed is what I would use for all the birds (hens/roosters/chicks) that what I do. Makes it easy and no worries about switching feeds. Just make sure the laying birds have access to oyster shell.

Ummm
Land o lakes owns Purina?
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Land-O-L...w-Poultry-Sunfresh-Pet-Feed-5-Pound/326606781

https://www.tractorsupply.com/landing-pages_brands_purina

Management and good nutrition starts with Purina animal nutrition.

We love all farm animals - from horses, chickens, cattle, goats, rabbits, ducks, sheep and many more Driven to unlock the greatest potential in every animal, Purina Animal Nutrition is an industry-leading innovator offering a valued portfolio of complete feeds, supplements, and more for your animals. We were founded on the belief that through nutritional innovation, we can foster excellence in animals and inspire a sense of pride in the people who care for them.

And we live it on our own farm in Missouri. With 1,200 acres and 3,000 animals, Purina employees are living the “out here” life while we continually work to unlock the greatest potential of every animal.

As a wholly owned subsidiary of Land O’Lakes, Inc, we are America’s third-largest farmer-owned cooperative. Every product you buy is supporting our farmers

Just to add to the confusion....

TRIP-L-DUTY is a popular all-purpose chicken feed here. The label says: HAWAIIAN GRAIN
TRIP-L-DUTY CRUMBLES

analysis 50% protein, 2.8% fat, fiber 7%, Lysine 0.6%, methionine 0.25%, yada, yada. One thing I haven't seen on other labels is Phytase (from A. oryzae) 227 FYT/lb.

Phytase is an enzyme that turns an undigestable type of organic phosphorus into a usable form of inorganic phosphorus. That's above my pay grade but phytase is added to many types of animal feed.

At the bottom of the label it says:
MANUFACTURED BY
Purina Animal Nutrition LLC
Arden Hills, MN 55126

The local Land-O-Lakes store is also called Purina Animal Nutrition.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom