1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What is up with all the eggs!!!?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by bikergirl, Apr 6, 2009.

1. bikergirl

bikergirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2009
    Edmonds Wa
    I have 2, ONLY 2 silver spangled hamburg hens in a 8x4x4 pin, nothing can get in and nothing can get out. My Hens Rutabaga and Rhubarb started laying March 15-17? thats when I got my first 2 eggs! Since then from March 18th-April 4th (I didnt look today) I have got 32eggs!!!!!!!!!!

Thats 32 eggs in 19 days from 2 hens!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Is that insane or what? I didn't know Hamburgs layed that much! Anybody have hens that lay that much? Or is this normal and my BRs and RIR hen are slakers?

2. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    I think it's the season and the fact that they are young? My barred rock laid her first egg 21 days ago and has laid one egg per day since then, without missing a day. My other barred rock & 2 leghorns started a little later, but are each laying one egg per day. I thought they would lay 5-6 eggs per week, not 7 per week.

3. MRW

MRW Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    Gales Ferry, CT
    Getting lots of eggs too! The weather is getting warmer and more hours of daylight... Yeah! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by