WHAT IS UP WITH THIS WEATHER?!?!?!?!?!

We have all kinds of warnings.

Sunday we were up to 63 like heaven, and then today we have warnings of windchill -20 to -30 its crazy!!

The wind was blowing SO hard last night I couldn't sleep for listening if a tree was going to come down..... I think the wind topped out at around 45mph.

Bbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrr and I was so loving the warm temps!

It's in the upper 50's here today and I think the high will be 60 degrees F. Then it's going to drop around rush time to 30's and the low is suppose to 16 degrees. So erratic! Poor chickens. This yo yo weather can't be good for them. Weird.....just Weird!

Good morning from Central Alberta Canada, from another post if you read we are having -30 and wind chills of -52. The schools are closed.
That frozen Alaskan air is just moving on down your way, actually it is known as an Arctic front, so cold here your skin can freeze, if exposed for more that five minutes.
My barn is insolated and two heat lamps and one oil burner and yesteday it was -12 C. The power had gone off for four hours in the night. By afternoon it had warmed to -6C.
Our tempretures even out at -40.
I had a Chicken setting on eggs that were supposed to hatch today and tomorrow and she abandoned her nest.
We haven't had it this cold on over 10 years so we aren't used to this frigid freezen foolish frosty weather.
Stay close to home and keep everyone warm. Great weather to bake bread.
smile.png

WOW, I am in a heat wave Chickee's Mom. You are right about a good day to bake bread...I will have to make some too..lol. Our schools are letting out at noon today. It was 35 this moring when I got up at 6. Now it is 16 and wind chill of -1. I went out and caught some of my turkeys and got them in the barn. I couldnt catch the others and I was getting COLD...BRRRR I might try again later.. Everyone stay warm and have a cup of hot chocolate... Jenn

I'm so sorry about the blizzard! I hope it doesn't cause much trouble. I wish we could get some snow though. It's about 50 and clear here with the wind screeching at 50 mph. The sky is brown from all the dust that's getting kicked up. Yeesh. Weird weather....

We got over 17 inches of snow on Sunday, the schools were closed yesterday and it is snowing again right now.

The temps are ranging from the low 30's to the teens. All my chickies and ducks and geese are in temporary shelter in my new chicken facility.

Jean

ok I guess I can give up on spring ever getting here !!

the past few days it has been near 60 and sunny ! today the wind is blowing near 40mph and it getting cold again. We are going to be cold next few days with possible snow showers - but this weekend it is going to be 67 on sunday and all next week it is going to be in the 50-60's again ( dont know how long that will last )

my poor animals are so confused by this weather LOL

Julie

The weather here in Florida is crazy too We've had freeze warning for two nights Everything is frozen over in the early mornings and its supposed to reach 70 today. I have pictures of our hose with a two foot icicle on it from yesterday the goose pools had a layer of ice too.

Back
Top Bottom