What is wrong with my Chicken?

Thank you for checking on Elvira. I went to our local feed store and they gave me some electroyes to mix with the water. I started that yesterday late afternoon and today she was her old self again. Back to being momma hen. Maybe she was just having a bad day. People get like that sometimes. Maybe chickens do to.
smile.png

I do know it was not due to the heat. I live in the Pacific Northwest. It is late June here however we are lucky if we even get into the 80's.

LOL Well I'm from the PNW ... born and raised in Washington state (Tacoma area) age birth-18 yrs then moved to Spokane for college so I'm very familiar with the weather back home. Heat isn't such a problem for you there. I'm currently living in Texas... big problem here ;)

Yep Amy, I hear ya. I live in Dripping Springs, TX. V e r y H O T! What area of TX are you in? My chickens seem to be fairing pretty well. I give them ice water once a day to cool them off. They get to free range whenever I'm home so they are able to move about the yard to stay in the shaded area. I also give them plain greek yogurt or buttermilk occasionally as a treat.
Stay cool!

Hugs, Kimberly
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom