What is your favorite chicken breed and why?

I LOVE my sebrights, because they're gorgeous and lay cute small eggs! And my pair is EXTREMELY friendly!

I also ADORE my polish, dorking, cochins, and barred rocks.

Hard to choose which one is my favorite, but to add to the ongoing list, I LOVE Crèvecoeurs! (my profile pic) They have a hilarious hairdo, amazing personality, cool white earlobes, lay a good sized white egg, friendly with other breeds, and VERY easy to breed. The one in my profile picture is named Elvis (though it's a girl :)) and she is a sweet heart. I consider her the mascot of our homestead, and if I ever get enough chickens to support my family and start selling eggs, then maybe I will get an egg carton label of a picture of her and use it as our "logo" :)

Silkies are the main breed I have . I also have Silkie/polish a dark brahma bantam and 2 (fingers crossed,) NN pullets .
Silkies are the friendliest birds I have ever raised . They will all climb into my lap and nap . The Silkie roosters have a great temperment . They do pretty good in the Texas heat . The also lay a decent amount of eggs. If I indeed get NN pullets I think when they are old enough I am going to try for Showgirl

Back
Top Bottom