What is your favorite fall smell?

Ones that've already been de .. err... pined so to speak? I don't know what it is about evergreens but they do a number on me. But if they've already been cleaned up... easy enough to check... find a bag of them and give it a sniff. If I start aching or sneezing I'm outta luck.

Ohhhhh... what about MINT? I love mint. Cool, yet warm... sooo good. Would that work on pine cones do you think? I do happen to have some peppermint oil in stock already...

Campfires
Pumpkin Pie
The air at Midnight
Frosty Mornings
Harvesting Corn
Cigar Smoke around the campfire

Skunk
hide.gif

I donno about cigar, but my Papabear years ago would get that vanilla or cherry flavored pipe tobacco... good memories summoned when I smell that stuff.

Skunk is like gasoline... you know you aren't supposed to like it... not even want to be a mile from it... and yet...
wink.png

I LOVE the smell of burning leaves. As for artificial, I like those cinnamon scented pine cones too. I used to love the woodburning smell; it reminded me of campfires. But since I've heated mainly with a woodburning stove for the past few years, that smoky smell that permeates all my clothes and furniture in the wintertime has just gotten old. I now associate it with soot, hauling wood up the hill, cold dreary days when I'm trying to get it warm enough inside the house, and all the bum parts of heating with wood.

Back
Top Bottom