What is your floor made of

Two coats of this:
1649907677638.png

1649907725986.png

Painted the walls yellow down to the floor. Next pic was before nesting boxes were in, but hemp bedding in. Young chickens were almost ready to go in!

1649908283278.png

We're almost at the one year mark. The floor has held up great, even with raking of the bedding.

I am so happy this is a current discussion, since I am in the process of planning my coop. I have been looking at floor material, and want waterproof for easier maintenance. I ran across this rubber sealant coating, and am wondering if anyone has used it? The description on the Home Depot site says it is safe around plants and animals. I would paint both sides of heavy plywood for the floor. Thoughts? Advice?

Attachments

• Screenshot (434).png
    Screenshot (434).png
    244.9 KB · Views: 8
So I was looking into vinyl sheets, and obviously looked at the wrong place first, because the pricing for my 10x9 needs was going to run $700!!! 😵‍💫
BUT!!!
I found 6'x8' rolls of vinyl ends at the home depot for $60 each. Bought 2, which will allow me to cover the space perfectly (with a little cutting and patching to make it work. I highly recommend looking into it if anyone is interested in vinyl for a water proof floor.

Hi everyone. I'm starting my coop build. Pallets covered with plywood for the flooring. I want to put something water proof as the final layer. Looking for ideas of what others have used.
*dirt floor isn't an option - too much ground water
*I will be using bedding as well but looking for something to protect the wood

I wondered the same thing but due to being in North Dakota with extreme temps I can NOT use linoleum as it's very cold sensitive and will crack out per many sources that not only sell but tried using it. I'm painting my plywood floors with an outdoor deck paint. Use at your own risk as it's not something I've found much info on.

I'm painting my plywood floors with an outdoor deck paint. Use at your own risk as it's not something I've found much info on.
Lots of people have recommended Blackjack 57. I have no experience with it, and don't know how expensive it is or how it stands up to very cold temps.

I have 4-6" of pine shavings over the floor in my coop too. Soft landing for when the chickens jump down off the roost.

By the way, @WBZ,

:welcome

Back
Top Bottom