What is your friendliest Chicken? What breed is it?

My friendliest chicken is my Black Australorp, Uhura. She's a gorgeous bird, chatty and classy.
smile.png

She runs to greet me when she hears the sliding glass door open, and drops to let me pick her up. We even "talk" - I make a light cooing/purring sound, and she'll chirp lightly back at me.
I have to other chickens, both 9 mos old (or so said the breeder), a Columbian Wyandotte and a buff-colored Ameracauna. Both are quite skittish and spend most of their time in the coop - I just got them a couple days ago, so they need a little time to adjust for their personalities to start to show. :)

Uhura! Love! Do they all have Star Trek names? I went with Star, Flynn and Quorra for my last three lorps... seems like more scifi may be in order for the next batch...

Last edited:
Now My another friendliest bantams are Silkies hens, Nankin hen, Nankins roosters, Jersey giant hens, Delawares, and light Brahma!
They are BEST chickens i ever had. But I have more breeds of chickens, some of them do not like to be touch.
My Blue Silkie hen LOVE to be pat on her fluffy head and to be pet on the back.
She's so cute. I love her! Of course I loves all of my chickens, Even they can be mean to eachother, but they will get along for me.

I have a few that are the friendliest, one of them being my RIR, Lark. There are also my Icelandics. The boys don't necessarily like to be petted in front of the girls, but they're alright. All three of the girls will follow me around when I'm outside. They will fly up onto my back or shoulders, or onto the gate to greet me when I'm standing nearby. They're very sweet.

My friendliest would be Lilly. She is a Delaware. Shown here in the back right of the pic.
In the front is Ducky the splash Hamburg and Madam Z the Speckled Sussex having a chat.

Next friendliest would be Pepper the California White. Having a good time digging in the mulch.

We handled them all regularly from the day we got them.

Back
Top Bottom