what is your most memorable date

unionwirewoman

Songster
12 Years
Sep 14, 2007
Kalispell , MT
I'll spill the beans first.......mine was with my future hubby . He picked me up at 8 am and dropped me off at 10 pm . We went fishing the whole time and I have never had so much fun ! I am an avid fisherman/hunter , so fishing was the best !It's also nice that you can actually hear the person you're talking to instead of the music in the background !

Tell me your stories !
tongue.png

Yeah for fishing!! we love it too one of me and hubby favorite things to do and look forward to the ice melting and spring summer and especially ocean fishing we get a big crew out and go thats a blast!
me and hubby first date was a picnic and a drive and it still holds dear to both of us to go there and now we fish there too:D

Before my DH and I officially started dating we went to a country concert at a place called Ponderosa Park. It was a place were you just spread blankets on the ground and picnic while you watch the concert! After it was over and we were driving home Neon Moon came on the radio, he pulled over in a deserted parking lot and stopped the car,got out, went to my side of the car and opened my door, put out his hand and asked "May I have this dance?" So we danced the cha-cha to Neon Moon around the parking lot! It was so romantic, and the cha-cha was my favorite dance.

He went to country dance lessons to learn so he could impress me and ask me to dance!
We used to go dancing all the time when line dancing was popular around here in the mid 90's!
We even went to a taping and got to dance a spotlight dance at Club Dance, that was aired on TNN.
The spotlight dance was with a whole group of us from a bar we went to! It was a fun time! We miss it a lot! We even got to go to Cotton Eyed Joe's While we were there!!!

We also love to fish and go camping!
Brenda

The day my wonderful husband and I met. June 27, 1996. We married seven years later, June 28, 2003. Kind of interesting side note; we met through a personals ad in the paper while I was going through a divorce and he was off work with a broken arm.

Monica

My first real date with DH was when we went to Washington DC together. We weren't supposed to date (worked for the same company back then) but just felt drawn to each other. So we decided a road trip would make or break us.
Went to Washington and walked EVERYWHERE. He was a perfect gentleman and we had a blast learning each other's tastes in art and food. The cherry trees were blooming and it was beautiful. And that big indoor garden was soooo pretty!

Needless to say, we didn't get back to TN hating each other.
lau.gif

Went again 2 years ago, the summer before we got married
clap.gif
Saw the new American Indian Museum and the space shuttle in that big aviation museum out by the airport. Had a great time again. And are thinking it's time to plan another trip soon!

We met in a newspaper ad too, not afraid to admit it. he was going thru a divorce and I had a chat with God telling him I was ready, if there was a guy out there for me this is how he could find me. I think its funny, I was the only match he got and he was the only match I got. Our first date was nothing exciting, we just sat on a bench next to a lake and talked. We had talked on the phone for 2 weeks prior and met for just a few minutes the week before but I knew that night there was something different going on. This past October was 9 years, still not married and it wasnt always good or easy but we have figured each other out and are very happy.

DH's older brother and his wife just celebreted their first anniv. a few months ago. They met from an on-line dating service!
Monica

In college, I went out with this guy who turned out to be a total jerk. He thought I was a jerk too. (I won't bore you with details.) Anyway, halfway through the evening he said that he was through and I said so was I ... we walked away glad that torture was over.

Over the next six months this guy and I hung out with the same group of friends and we got to know each other totally on a friendship level.

We then went out on a second date, doubled with some friends of ours.

One year and six months later we were married... we celebrate our 24th Anniversary in a few months!!

What a sweet, wonderful, great guy I married!
love.gif

This wasn't technically a "date", but one of the best days was when a guy friend and myself went trailriding at a local park. We rode the horses to a little deli in town and picked up some good chicken, then rode back to the park and ate at a picnic table and tied the horses to a tree. It was such a great day! I love simple, so any guy who gets me will have it easy! LOL

Back
Top Bottom