What is your music taste like?

Pics
I've been a child of metal since MTV started playing Twisted Sister videos. I'm not a one trick pony though. I like a lot of genres including industrial, edm, some hip hop (not mumble), a teensy sprinkling of classic country artists, classical, experimental, proto-folk / shamanic/ritualistic, Primus (because Les is a genre all to himself) Alternative from a time when it mattered, and a few other things you won't ever hear on lamestream radio today. I'm not necessarily limited in taste to specific genres, but more like "what does this song make me feel or think?" Now, a lot of times that's going to lead me back to metal, because there's a lot of message buried there that people miss out on because it's too hard or it's too "evil" (lol). I don't typically downplay other people's music (except nickelback fans), because we all find what speaks to us.

But for me it will always be metal first. Keep music evil, for it makes the conformists quake. :p

Last edited:
I have an eclectic (and epic) collection of CDs and a huge digital library. I'm going through a 90's punk phase right now, heavy on Bikini Kill, The Distillers, The Muffs, L7, etc. I dunno why but that's where I am.
My digital footprint is about 25k mp3's spanning the last century or so of music. From digitized wax of the early 19-teens all the way to more or less today. Most of it is 80- and forward, because that's my era.

What are your guys’ favorite music type/artists? Just wanted to see if anyone has the same music taste as me :p
Uh.. I have a lot :p. I love Pop/Christian/Country
George Strait, Blake Shelton, Like Combs, and Third Day
Pop:
Adele, Olivia Rodrigo, Taylor Swift, Tate McRae, Clean Bandit, Imagine Dragons, The Piano Guys, Billie Eilish, etc

Christian:
FOR KING AND COUNTRY, Casting Crowns, Blanca, Mandisa, Kevin Quinn, Anne Wilson, CAIN, Mat Kearney, Hillsong United, Rebecca St. James, Britt Nicole, Sarah Reeves, The Afters, etc.

Uh.. I have a lot :p. I love Pop/Christian/Country
George Strait, Blake Shelton, Like Combs, and Third Day
Pop:
Adele, Olivia Rodrigo, Taylor Swift, Tate McRae, Clean Bandit, Imagine Dragons, The Piano Guys, Billie Eilish, etc

Christian:
FOR KING AND COUNTRY, Casting Crowns, Blanca, Mandisa, Kevin Quinn, Anne Wilson, CAIN, Mat Kearney, Hillsong United, Rebecca St. James, Britt Nicole, Sarah Reeves, The Afters, etc.
My mom listens to Hillsong everyday!

Back
Top Bottom