What is your opinion on my silkies? look decent? poor quality?

silkieaddictIN

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 17, 2014

Roo and pullet, 5 months old

Are you looking to show them? If you are I can't help you with that. We just started raising some silkies. Otherwise I think they are cute.

Not really sure lol. I was told they are from show quality, I got them because I've always wanted silkies, and plan to get more if I can find any available that are show quality lol

We have 4 silkies right now and I already want to add the colors we don't have yet....lol
I'm still waiting to see what the gender of the ones we have are.

My husband wants me to order blues from mcmurray hatchery? I can't find any pics online to show the quality they have..but I really want to surprise my husband for his birthday.do you know of any breeders/hatcheries that aren't *too* bad quality wise? I swear, I never thought I'd be so...obsessed with a chicken breed (or my husband for that matter!!!) Lol I just want more more more!!

Welcome to BYC! I'm certainly no expert on showing Silkies, but I've had Black Silkies in the past and your Silkies look just fine (as good as any I had). As far as hatcheries go, you're unlikely to get a show quality chickens from any hatchery, although I had a pair (rooster and hen) of Mille Fleur d'Uccles from Murray McMurray both win first place at the Hunt County Fair years ago (to my surprise), so I suspect their bantams are as good a quality as those of any hatchery. Good luck with your Silkies.

Haha, didn't realize how funny she looks in that pic!!! I've only had them a couple days, but thinking feet feathers will be hard to keep clean.....lol. both are receiving baths tonight! They feel oh so soft!!

Back
Top Bottom