What items did you buy before a baby shower?

I always buy off people's registries so I am sure they are getting what they really want/need and not something I think they should have/want.
However, I am a last minute shopper! I'm the kind of person who shops for the shower the morning of or the night before...Thanks..

water filtration system | water filter system

I always buy off people's registries so I am sure they are getting what they really want/need and not something I think they should have/want.
However, I am a last minute shopper! I'm the kind of person who shops for the shower the morning of or the night before. Thanks

water filter | water filtration system

Last edited:
I think it is only natural to want to shop/prepare for your expected baby and it's fun as well. Avoid buying lots of equipment which is always the biggest expense. You will need somewhere for baby to sleep, but you SIL is providing that, which is great. I would say the next most important thing is a car seat that converts into a stroller and you therefore get two items for the price of one. There is a massive thriving industry out there that exists by convincing us we need, absolutely NEED! various incidental items that are costly, difficult to find room for and hopelessly bulky to transport. AVOID them! You don't need any other major items than the ones i've already mentioned and I'm sure friends and relatives will be generously buying little clothes etc. If I were you I would buy bedding for the crib because you will need plenty of changes of sheets, babies have a habit of sicking up small amounts of milk when you lay them down. Also a few warm blankets both for the crib, car seat and stroller. Enjoy this very special time.

If your doing cloth look here http://www.shopdiaper.com/cloth-diapers?gclid=CNCL9o-6x7oCFSNp7Aod_TEAxw this website has cheap ones with good reviews.

I personally would ask whoever was throwing my baby shower to do it earlier (after gender was determined) so I could start buying anything I didn't get. I like to be prepared so I wouldn't want to wait forever in case people bought stuff. I'm also probably going to do a gender reveal party...

Back
Top Bottom