What killed it?

I agree with cmom not knowing your set up makes it impossible to say but sounds like an owl. Aerial predator can't carry a full size chicken as easily as bigger predators.They'll carry their prey in pieces back to their nest or eat the head and leave the rest .Owls don't limit hunting to nights
The only reason I disagree with an owl is because the chicken was found in an enclosed coop. The only way to get it in there is through a small door that was open. I don't think an owl would drag it into an enclosed coop with a roof on it. But thank you for your reasoning. (I also don't mean to come of as rude or anything. I just want to make the situation more clear.) 😊

The only reason I disagree with an owl is because the chicken was found in an enclosed coop. The only way to get it in there is through a small door that was open. I don't think an owl would drag it into an enclosed coop with a roof on it. But thank you for your reasoning. (I also don't mean to come of as rude or anything. I just want to make the situation more clear.) 😊
Owls don't have a problem going thru a coop door

Back
Top Bottom