cluckmecoop7

💙🖤💙🖤
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jan 4, 2019
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
I am devastated. I went out this morning and found, Kiwi, one of my Buff Orpington's dead on the floor of the coop. Her feet were sticking up in the air and I couldn't look at her. :hit :( I really want to know what killed her. One of my friends took some pictures that I will *try* to post later.:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit
What do I do???? She was healthy and happy yesterday....eating, drinking, walking around like the others, etc.

I am so upset. :hit:( :(

I didn't look at her for long enough to really see if she had injuries..... so I'll let my friend use my account to post the picture and details.

- Clucky :hit

Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 10.28.12 AM.png

Last edited:
I am so sorry for your loss! Bear hugs! :hugs
Losing a chicken is never easy.
Was there any visible injuries? Was her body intact? If not, Chickens have a tendency of hiding their ailments until it is too late.......
Poor thing!

I am so sorry for your loss! Bear hugs! :hugs
Losing a chicken is never easy.
Was there any visible injuries? Was her body intact? If not, Chickens have a tendency of hiding their ailments until it is too late.......
Poor thing!

Thank you. :( I'm not sure.... I'll ask later.
She seemed fine yesterday!! :hit She was only a little over 1 year old.

How deep should her grave be, and what do I put her in?

Thank you. :( I'm not sure.... I'll ask later.
She seemed fine yesterday!! :hit She was only a little over 1 year old.

How deep should her grave be, and what do I put her in?
You can wrap her in an old blanket or without anything. I bury my chickens at least 3-4 feet to avoid any scavengers.
Again, I am so sorry for such heartache.:hugs:hugs :hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

I am devastated. I went out this morning and found, Kiwi, one of my Buff Orpington's dead on the floor of the coop. Her feet were sticking up in the air and I couldn't look at her. :hit :( I really want to know what killed her. One of my friends took some pictures that I will *try* to post later.:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit
What do I do???? She was healthy and happy yesterday....eating, drinking, walking around like the others, etc.

I am so upset. :hit:( :(

I didn't look at her for long enough to really see if she had injuries..... so I'll let my friend use my account to post the picture and details.

- Clucky :hit

View attachment 2077463
Such a pretty gal! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom