What Killed my Rooster?

My suggestion would be to eliminate it because it will keep coming back and chances are it will find another opportunity. Likely it's hunting for it's young so that is why it's out during the day. On my game cameras I mostly see them roaming at night. If you don't want to eliminate it, maybe you can trap it. Most places have wildlife rescues who will come and get it. Again, good luck...

My suggestion would be to eliminate it because it will keep coming back and chances are it will find another opportunity. Likely it's hunting for it's young so that is why it's out during the day. On my game cameras I mostly see them roaming at night. If you don't want to eliminate it, maybe you can trap it. Most places have wildlife rescues who will come and get it. Again, good luck...
We saw eye shine last night and it has attacked the chickens every time before noon. Tonight we're going to try and call it and eliminate it. I have eight chickens left, four belong to my siblings and the four that are mine I hold very dear.

Last edited:
Maybe... I took her with me while I was looking. I also walked around in the high grass in case there was more evidence or that he was alive and injured, but found nothing. I have never seen her dig before, either.
She's a pretty big and sweet dog, but is very playful.
Our full blooded husky was a playful 5 month old pup when he killed a full grown turkey that was hanging around our place for a couple days.We had no close neighbors and never knew who it belonged to ( white so probably wasn't wild) 3 days in a row our pup disappeared after we let him go out to potty and didn't come home for hours (usually out for 5 -10 minutes max ) I sneaked and followed him after I let him out on the 4th day and caught him red handed munching on the turkey carcass hidden in the tall grass right behind our house.

Back
Top Bottom