What killed our roo?

This is sad. I’m on the watch today because one of my girls had a run-in w/a weasel at 4am this morning. Luckily my husband heard the ruckus and went out w/a flashlight. Long story short she survived, but isn’t moving around much. L leg is highly favored. No apparent wounds, but she’s pretty much immobile, and is closing her eyes a lot. She has had food & water. I plan to keep her separated tonight, and just hope she’s not in a lot of pain. We have ♥️ Traps set for the weasel. I guess they’re pretty solitary?? Any advice? Tnx
Maybe she has some internal injuries? Is she eating and drinking? I hope you catch the varmint. Good luck...

Thanks for your reply. Yes, we caught the thing and I drove it 20 miles away before letting it go. Whistler (the hen) seems to be getting better. Now we’re dealing w/a fox. Very close call, but none were killed. I think they’re traumatized now (and we’re really paranoid)...and they miss roaming around the yard..😥

Most places it is illegal to catch and release. I don't know where you took it, but there are wildlife rescues that will take catches and release them in areas they have designated as release sites.

This is sad. I’m on the watch today because one of my girls had a run-in w/a weasel at 4am this morning. Luckily my husband heard the ruckus and went out w/a flashlight. Long story short she survived, but isn’t moving around much. L leg is highly favored. No apparent wounds, but she’s pretty much immobile, and is closing her eyes a lot. She has had food & water. I plan to keep her separated tonight, and just hope she’s not in a lot of pain. We have ♥️ Traps set for the weasel. I guess they’re pretty solitary?? Any advice? Tnx
When I posted previously I didn't notice you said it was a weasel. I hope you didn't drop it off where it will give someone else a headache. We are on rural on a dead end road and have been the recipients of others relocations.

Back
Top Bottom