What kind of automatic door do you have?

Turnip Farm

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 23, 2014
I'm looking to buy an automated chicken door. Needs to be battery with possible solar like the Pullet Shut door. I'd like the timer vs the light sensor. I have seriously considered Pullet Shut but a guillotine style may work better for my new coop. Please tell me what you liked or disliked about your door. Thank you!

I have the door from autocoopdoor.com sold by Fleming Outdoors. I have the advanced model which has a timer or a cool feature where you enter your GPS coordinates & it adjusts your door opening & closing throughout the year automatically based on sunrise & sunset. You can set your own parameters even for this option such as open 10 minutes after sunrise or close 10 minutes etc. after sunset. It is electric, but has a battery backup & can be hooked to solar. I only bought the motor, as I already had a door. The basic model is run by timer only, but I believe it can be upgraded later with a download. It also has the second chance option to have it open again however long after it originally closes & close however many minutes later that you set. Their customer service is awesome! I love mine.

I'm looking to buy an automated chicken door. Needs to be battery with possible solar like the Pullet Shut door. I'd like the timer vs the light sensor. I have seriously considered Pullet Shut but a guillotine style may work better for my new coop. Please tell me what you liked or disliked about your door. Thank you!
I have 3 pullet shot doors that I installed three years ago and have had no problems. When I researched the automatic doors, I found some complains on the guillotine system. If there is some shifting of the walls, there are problems with it, although I believe there can be some adjustments done. I am very happy with the pullet shot doors because they are very reliable and easy to program for opening and closing times

I used a old dog kennel for our runner ducks. As a result decided to make my own automatic door system, made from two timer switches a dpdt relay and a hydraulic excavator electronic throttle actuator. It's been in service now for 18 months with pretty good results.
My biggest issues have Been the timers getting out of sync and battery failure.

Attachments

• 20170610_144743.jpg
    20170610_144743.jpg
    442.4 KB · Views: 9
Check out the automatic door from coopgadgets.com. It has all the options that you would ever need.

(Disclaimer: I'm involved with the company)

Back
Top Bottom