What kind of Bantam do we have?

Those birds are two different breeds, the bird in the original post is a pullet (not a cockerel), and is unlikely that she's an oegb.

Just trying to help
sad.png

i also knew it was a roo,was just showing similar ones to hers was all.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help! Our bantam pullet came from our local feed store, the owner gave her to my daughter for free when she expressed an interest in the cute little chicken. Daughter also has a silver spangled hamburg hen (my avatar pic!) she was given by another FFA member this spring and we have fallen in love with the chickens. She wanted a little bantam hen to use for showmanship and this one is a very sweet little bird.

Quote:
Wrong color legs to be BTB Jap:

See my BTB Jap pullet? Her legs are yellow.
5702-R1-18-17A_019.jpg

So is the male BTB Jap:
5702-R1-15-14A_016.jpg

BTB Dutch and OE games(if I'm not mistaken) have the slate legs. As in my BTB Dutch male:
5702-R1-14-13A_015.jpg

She looks close to my Goldie who, on another thread we've been trying to determine what she was as well...she is only 16 weeks but doesn't have blk on her wings...I was told she is either an Old English or a rare Dankin. I got her as an hatching egg from an assorted bantie mix from Ideal.
Goldie1.jpg

Goldie is gorgeous and she does look a lot like my daughters little pullet. We are leaning towards the dutch buff black tailed or wheaton variety for ours but cant really find any good pictures or info on either variety.

Back
Top Bottom