What kind of chicken is this anyway?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mo puff, Sep 15, 2011.

1. mo puff

mo puff Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2011
    When we bought our 3 chickens from the local feed store, we bought one of each type that was available. 1 Buff Orpington. 1 Barred Rock, and 1 Americuana. As a chic the Orpington was a yellowish fluff ball, gradually it turned completely white. The man at the feed store thought it would change to buff after it matured but now at 6 mos and laying she is a large pure white chicken. The weird part is she is layig blue/green eggs???! SOOOO what could she be? I have looked on a chart but didnt find a white chicken that lays colored eggs. She has olive green legs w/ cream color toe nails, brown eyes, and is a LARGE chicken for 6 mos, compared to the Americauna. [​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    She's an easter egger. Not pure Ameraucana, or Araucana, but a mix, and they are just beautiful! I would love to see a pic! You're lucky!

3. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    I also have a white easter egger. We call her Sunny. She was yellow when she was a chick.

4. yankeedoodle300

yankeedoodle300 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Chicken Heaven
    I Agree with " Chicmom "

5. Uniontown Poultry

Uniontown Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:ME TOO!

6. pooh731

pooh731 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Hanford, ca
    me three!!!

7. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    I have a white Easter Egger named Petunia who was also yellow as a chick. She has blue legs and lays green eggs. I'd say that's what you have also. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by