what kind of chicken is this?pic included

Iloveourbabychick

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 29, 2008
Hickory,NC
This is my fathers(who is very mean) chickens bought for 6 dollars a piece...10 hens and a rooster....My father has to try to beat us because we have happy(our blue laced red wyandotte)he says these chickens are very expensive chickens and are blue when they are born..Hes going to breed them but he does not treat them well...He had a hen who just had babies drop dead for no reason and the babies he dont put underneath a heatlampp when the mother died..some lived,some didnt...Sowhat kind of chicken are these?And are the really expensive like he says?

Thanks

258324j.jpg

could you get a better picture? from the little i can see it appears to be a Crele. Perhaps.. Old english standard?. which can be expensive if their from good lines.. as any chicken... but other then that. just a 5 dollar bird

-Daniel

It looks like there are two to the right one looking ahead and one looking down, they both look like speckled sussex.
If thats what they are, it depends on the lines I guess.
I have some that I hatched myself that are gorgeous but the eggs were only like a dollar a piece, if that.
They are a lovely bird, looks wise and temperment.
Its sad that he is not treating them well.

The two to the right do look like Speckled Sussex. The rooster is crele colored, I don't know the breed. And I don't recognize the hen in the back.

If he breeds them, none of the offspring will be purebred. Nothing wrong with that, I love my mutts, but he shouldn't expect to get big bucks for them.

Also the hen in the back appears to have a pretty bad scaley leg mite infestation. Smear vaseline on them to kill them mites or she'll be crippled and will eventually lose her toes.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom