What kind of Chicken is this

dnrreed

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jul 7, 2007
I posted this picture on another topic but everyone is getting confused with the chickens that the first poster stated.. So here are my chickens.. Could you please give me any info on what the chickens might be... I have never seen this one anywhere...

100_0046.jpg

100_0028.jpg

100_0021.jpg

Here is our rooster... Could anyone tell me what kind he is...

100_0020.jpg

Ok thanks.. I see where easter egger is in this classification.. That is what some others have been telling me. She is very wild.. She runs wild everywhere. Hard to get a good picture of her.

Yes I guess you are right.. After going to the website I realized that was the case. So I deleted that post. I know nothing about chickens. Don't even like eggs. But hubby does.

We just never seen a chicken like this.. before

Isn't an Easter Egger just an Ameracauna that's not pure bred? That's what I thought, anyway!

An Easter Egger is a mix of a Blue Egg breed, either Ameraucana or Araucana. EEs are mutts, and you get EEs from hatcheries, no matter what they say.

That hen's an EE and the roo looks like a Brown Leghorn. Although this has already been stated.
wink.png

Yeah we got our chickens from a feed store. All were suppose to be females but got a Rooster out of the bunch. He is pretty though.. So I guess we will keep him

So what I thought was a rare chicken is just a mutt... That is sad. She is the prettest on of the bunch..
Chickens.jpg

Yeah it's a duck!!!

Back
Top Bottom