What kind of chickens are these?

Elgoner37

Hatching
Mar 12, 2021
My neighbor randomly dropped a box of chicks for us to take care of. At first they were cute fuzzy looking things now they look like dinosaurs and staring to be aggressive with each other. We’re trying to figure out the breed to see what kind of temperament they will have as they get older and integrate the
With our older 9 week chicks. Can you guys take a good educated guess in what these are?

The first photo my favorite chicken named Serpentor because he looks like he’s going to be a crazy looking monster chicken when he gets older and is aggressive (plus I was a fan of G.I Joe).

2nd shot is with most of the brood mates.

Also wanted to know if you can tell if Serpentor is a cockerel or a

Attachments

• 1F5A9EC1-F1E0-40D2-8A5E-0BBA587B4C2F.png
    1F5A9EC1-F1E0-40D2-8A5E-0BBA587B4C2F.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • 91E9D1B0-6F64-4673-84B6-16B5E6173DE1.jpeg
    91E9D1B0-6F64-4673-84B6-16B5E6173DE1.jpeg
    414.6 KB · Views: 8
Possibly barred rock for the black ones. Difficult to determine gender at this point. How old are they? Do they have enough space? Usually the reason for aggression in younger chicks.
Welcome to BYC! 😊

Thanks for your answers . Did some research on your replies and they do look loke Barred
Possibly barred rock for the black ones. Difficult to determine gender at this point. How old are they? Do they have enough space? Usually the reason for aggression in younger chicks.
Welcome to BYC! Possibly barred rock for the black ones. Difficult to determine gender at this point. How old are they? Do they have enough space? Usually the reason for aggression in younger ch
Welcome to BYC! 😊
Thanks for your reply! They are 3 weeks old and we currently have 7 of them inside a 116 quart storage bin. Is that enough? Once we transition the our 9 week old chicks to their coop from their 36I’ll put the younger ones in
Welcome to BYC! 😊
Thanks for your reply! They are 3 weeks old and we currently have 7 of them inside a 116 quart storage bin. Is that enough? Once we transition the our 9 week old chicks to their coop from their 36 inch cage I’ll put the younger ones in there.

No worries. Each chick needs 1-2 sq feet at this age. I do not know what the dimensions are of a 116 qt bin.
Rule of thumb is 0.5 sq foot to start with and will eventually need 2 sq feet each by the time they are 6 weeks old. 😊

Back
Top Bottom