What kind of chickens should I get?

I have Plymouth Rocks (in blue, black, splash, barred and partridge)....such a variety of colors within one breed. They are all very friendly, quite inquisitive and great layers. I also have Delawares!!! GREAT BIRDS, but they will own you, not vice versa. Talk about a friendly bunch....I have a few others (sussex, polish, houdans, and silkies) but the Rocks and the Delawares are by far my favorites!!

Good luck

I have sussex's, and they are wonderful
big_smile.png
Brown eggs, you can get light, buff, speckled, coronation (very rare), brown, red, silver and white....and Lavender and golden (normally only found in australia though). They are great egglayers, friendly and are good table birds. Quite a heavy breed, not flightly, calm and soft feathered. They earn their keep in their egglaying- an all round breed ( I love them
wink.png
) Good luck with whatever breed you choose
big_smile.png

bantam old english, mine are so sweet and have a ton of personality, they don't let me walk outside without seeing them or feeding them. you might have trouble keeping them inside a six foot fence but if you give them no reason to leave they probably won't.

Langshans. They are huge and beautiful, and the roos have a deep crow that doesn't carry far like the high, shrill crow of a banty.

Back
Top Bottom