What kind of chicks are these?

MonkeyRoo

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 15, 2014
From what it appears the little black cutie in the first picture is a Black Silkie, but I have been researching everything trying to find out what the other ones are!! Four of the bigger ones have cheek feathers no leg feathers... the little brown ones have leg feathers and no cheek feathers. We got them from a straight run (so far only one is trying to crow, I have a hunch there are a few roos though) there are 11 total new chicks to the flock.

Our little roo....(still working on a name, any suggestions are welcomed!!)

Monkey

Carol

Shake

And finally Bake

Just a wild guess,
but look into 'Shake' and 'Bake' (
wink.png
) both maybe being Speckled Sussex (if they can be feathered w/o white on the breast that is)
Here a my four 5 week old Speckled Sussex I got on craigslist.

The roo ? Easter Egger?

Last edited:
I will take a wild guess over no guess! Shake and Bake looked like little chipmunks when they were little fuzz balls..... they look a lot like yours now! (We have two more just like them) Thank you for your help!!
highfive.gif

The first 3 are all americunas. They lay green eggs, have a 'beard', and a greenish colored legs, right? My mom always said " green legs, green eggs!".

Shake and bake look like mixes. They have feathered feet, but they look like speckled sussex. But they may be like a partridge rock cochin.....maybe?

Just a wild guess,
but look into 'Shake' and 'Bake' (
wink.png
) both maybe being Speckled Sussex (if they can be feathered w/o white on the breast that is)
Here a my four 5 week old Speckled Sussex I got on craigslist.

The roo ? Easter Egger?

The first 3 are all americunas. They lay green eggs, have a 'beard', and a greenish colored legs, right? My mom always said " green legs, green eggs!".

Where'd you get them?

Ameraucana is the propper spelling and that is also called "easter egger".
Search for a thread on here about ameraucana's/easter eggers and let the pro's have a looksee.
big_smile.png

welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Cute chicks! X3 on try the What Breed forum, would vote with the feathered legs Shake and Bake could be hatchery Partridge Cochins or mixes, Monkey and Carol both look like Easter Eggers, Ameraucana have to be specific colors.

Back
Top Bottom