What kind of dog do you have?

Carole AM

Songster
13 Years
Jan 12, 2007
Goshen, Indiana
Our aging husky has a mass on/near his lung. We don't know how much time he has left.

When the time comes, we would like to get a pup, but not sure of which breed. Doesn't have to be pure--and we are at the very early stages of thinking about it.

It HAS to get along well with other animals--size really doesn't matter. We do not have a fenced-in yard, and can keep one indoors or out.

Any suggestions? We are learning more about LGD's.
wink.png

Hi, I have heard good thing about LabraDoodles. -Labrador/standard poodle mix. They were originally bred to serve as a "handicapped help dog" for folks with allergy issues and seem to be getting good press. That's a good sized dog and the one we know personally gets along well with other animals. She very sweet.
Don't laugh... we raised shorty-JRTs for several years. Of course I'm partial but we have done well with the breed as far as them being good natured,not terribly hyper and mostly good at respecting other animals per command. Ours either ignore the cats or play with the cats. Though I wouldn't trust them to be free with my chickens, I used to also raise rats and my dogs would ignore the ones I had in the house but go wild to destroy the wild ones outdoors. You'll need to work with whatever dog you choose. Most of them don't just naturally come to us with perfect manners. Good luck in your search. My life would be incomplete without a dog. I love them. Lynn

I've owned mutt's most of the time I was growing up. Gotta love them dog's. But I have a Min Pin now and he is the love of my life. One of the BEST dog's I've ever owned by far. He's playful,Loveable, Not a barker which is great in my book. Doesn't shed really just a all round great little dog. Good Luck on finding your perfect pet.

We have two large dogs. A farm collie and a golden retriver pup You couldnt want a friendlier dog than my pup Murphy. He is so lovable He gets along with all the other animals and never really has shown any interest in the geese, chickens,or turkeys. My collie was born on a farm and has always gotten along with our animals. He is afraid of the horse and keeps his distance but other than that hes a really good loyal friend

Pembroke Welsh Corgi 3
Labish part lab and dont know the rest 1
Corgi Spaniel +??? 14

the younger two learned to be good from the Old Lady, She learned from the Fox TerrierXChow Both parent were purebred and chow owner wanted to kill neighbor, but was the best dog I ever had he lasted 18 years

all three I have go out and walk right past chicken freeranging in the yard, but they were introduced as babies and they accept each other

Back
Top Bottom