What kind of duck is this? Such a cutie! Update: 11/24

desertdarlene

Crowing
11 Years
Aug 4, 2010
San Diego
This little duck has shown up at our lake recently. He's adorable! He's smaller than the wild mallards and all white. I was thinking he might be a bantam white mallard.

He flies very well and I, personally, think he flew in there from someone's house, but another person thinks he was dumped there.

64797_billswhitemallard1115.jpg

64797_littleduck1003.jpg

Last edited:
I thought call, too, at first, but someone corrected me and said it was something else, but she couldn't remember exactly what it was called. He's very, very, very quiet for a call (but he's a male), and has a normal body shape (not compact like a call)-- totally adorable! I would love to take him home, but don't think I could get away with keeping him in my apartment.

Last edited:
He looks like my RARE WHITE MALLARDS that I raise, he has all the characteristics of mine, if you take him and a Flying Mallard and cross them take the offsprings and cross them you will get a beautiful line of snowy colored going, I been working with mine for about 4 yrs, and I have just about got them beautiful as they will get.

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh, that's cool! I will put the word out and see if someone can adopt him while he's still friendly to people.

He's pretty safe right now, there is a feral/stray cat that sometimes comes near where he hangs out and sometimes a stray or loose dog goes by, but I don't think anything's going to get him in regards to predators. He's integrating very well with the wild mallards who have taught him the best places to eat and hang out and how to react to predators.

I love the expression on his face when someone comes to feed him, such a bright eyes!

Back
Top Bottom