What kind of goose is my new buddy Webber?

Cara

Songster
12 Years
Aug 30, 2007
NM
MY husband knew better than to take me to the feedstore today. It's a running joke that I have lots of birds and my husband hates them, so just to spite him the owner gave me a gosling and two ducklings and a bag of feed! The gosling is really docile and snuggly. Webber and I are in love, but what is he? He looks like his bill is starting to turn black, and he is yellow and greyish on his head and body. The others all looked the same, but some looked like they might be tufted. He came from Privett Hatchery, but their catalog just told me that they raise Embdens, Africans, Toulouse and White Chinese and "other assorted breeds in small numbers."

Webber001.jpg

Webber006.jpg

Webber005.jpg

LOL My husband is. They said to put a couple of ducks in the box and slip him in when they weren't looking! I'm surprised by how affectionate he is, and that i've fallen for a goose of all things!

I got her a friend called Webster. Her and her mate's feathers are coming through and so far they are all white with blue eyes. As far as I can tell they are a pair, Webster looks more masculine (bigger cheeks and blockier head in general).

Back
Top Bottom