what kind of red chick <G> ? UPDATE she is NOT a RIR

carousel

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 31, 2008
NW Oregon
Okay we have solved 1 out of my many question marks. A very cute Danish Brown Leghorn! thanks

so here is my next ? unknown Ideal chick <G>

I ordered 3 RIR pullets
in the box there were 5 redish chicks - one we lost it looks most like the the ones I think are RIR.
to make it MORE interesting.
I also have 3 unaccounted for Rare breed pullets and 3 assorted Heavy breed pullets.
In the pictures the chicks are 2-3 days old one of the chick looks different to me - her wing feathers are not coming in as fast and as well as having a stronger "line" on her head she had faint chipmunk bars on her back.
and she is smaller.
so my HUNCH? is that I have 3 RIR and what????
I have been trying to look at the ideal pix <G>
my guesses? Red Leghorn? Buff Catalana? ahah I have no idea? I don't think it is another RIR? I do already see comb development.
idealredchicks32808a.jpg

idealredchicks32808b.jpg

idealredchicks32808c.jpg

thanks!
CS

Last edited:
Okay so she could be a RIR
any reason to think why the others are getting wing feathers much faster - all at the same rate and she is not?
I mean I guess it is possible that I ended up with 5 RIR. The advanced rate the feathers are coming in on 3 of them is really dramatic as compared the the 4th.
oh well time will tell!
the black chicks are even a bigger mystry I think they are going to have to get some feathers before I will even start to figure it out LOL.
thanks!
cs

I have an UPDATE on my Mystry Red chick
SHE is a Red LEGHORN!
she is SO PRETTY and refined.
I will send pictures later.
I'm so excited!

Back
Top Bottom