What kind of rooster is this?

bearcat73

Songster
11 Years
Feb 29, 2008
Southwest Ohio
I found this pic doing a google search. He is gorgeous! But what kind is he? TIA!!

rooster.jpg

NYREDS, you were absolutely right. On the website that I found the pic, I finally found a bit of info about him...

He is a cross breed between a light brahma rooster and a black sexlink hen.​

Quote:

ep.gif
WOW Never would have thunk that!!!!!!!
lol.png

Brown leghorn roosters are similar in color. Minus the spots on the breast area. Also BBRED Old English Games.

Last edited:
I just ordered some black sex link pullets and a light brahma rooster to try to hatch one like him. Also ordered some silver laced wyandottes, silver penciled cochins, and a partridge plymouth rock rooster since their was a minimum order.

Quote:

That's impossible. Brahmas have pea combs and feathered legs. This roo has a single comb and clean legs. Pea and leg feathering are dominant and will show up in cross birds. If they meant Brahma mix crossed with sexlink, then that would be far more plausible. He probably is a mix out of mixed parents.

He is very pretty roo. Try checking out black breasted red, it is a color similar to this (he is not BBR, just similar to looks). Also check out gold duckwing, also similar-ish but a bit brighter.

Back
Top Bottom