What kind of spider is this, and should I release it or dispatch it?

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
I loved Charlotte's Web!

I live and let live outside, but anything with 8 legs that comes into the house is smooshed.

You ought to see the size of the big banana spider we have out front in the berry bushes. Even my husband is afraid of him.

Em

Quote:
Even when I was bitten by the brown recluse, it wasn't stalking and attacking me, they avoid people and can live out their entire lives inside your house and you'd never know they are there.

It was trying to hide in my bed sheets while I was sleeping, and I rolled over on it.

It tried to warn me by giving me a dry bite first, but I was too asleep for it to register, then it gave me a wet bite, and that definately got my attention!

I still have scars from the bite, but the poor spider died from the injuies I caused.

Last edited:
We had a whole bunch of those here last year, weaving webs among my tomatoes. They just were not that big. They disappeared with the cold weather and I haven't seen them yet this year (although we have a plethora of pencil shaped spiders with long "feelers" that remind me of crayfish falling off the house siding!).

We just sort of kept out of each others way.
big_smile.png

Quote:
So the spider bit you and died???
roll.png

What kind of reaction did you have? A friend of mine in Florida almost lost his arm
from the reaction he had.

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THAT!

I found one of those guys in my shoe (with my bare toe). It didn't bite me even though I smooshed him with my toes pretty good.

I found the other in my daughter's bedroom.

Both were released into the wild - I think the first one was promptly eaten by the cats though.

I have been meaning to get around to identifying it. I will post pics of mine here once I get them off the camera (tomorrow if I'm lucky).

Mine looks identical to yours. Good to know it doesn't seem too evil.

If it's a brown recluse your chickens are right to tell you they are scared of him! We had a neighbor friend that got bite by a brown recluse an it was terrible! I won't tell you what happened but it was not good.... stay away from that spider!

Back
Top Bottom