What kind of wormer should you use?

chickadee5002

Songster
6 Years
Sep 10, 2013
Perrysville, OH
Hello everyone! I am new to chicken raising and was wondering what kind of wormer to use. We have 10 buff orpington chickens that are 4 months old. I didn't want a wormer that you wouldn't be able to eat the eggs while they are on it. Please! I need help!

Most medications given orally or injected will require discarding the eggs for a certain period of time.

If the chickens don't have worms, you won't need to treat them.

Chris

Ok so no DE. Has anyone heard of red lake earth? The hatchery where I got my chicks told me I could use this because it was natural. I would really like to stick with natural I don't like to give my animals anything unnatural. Thanks everyone for all your posts so far!

when I got into raising chickens.i wanted to go the natural route also.I had to order the De and it was pretty costly.waste of money.i seen living,moving round worms in the hens poop.Take dawg53 advice.he the Man when it comes to the health and care of your birds.

when I got into raising chickens.i wanted to go the natural route also.I had to order the De and it was pretty costly.waste of money.i seen living,moving round worms in the hens poop.Take dawg53 advice.he the Man when it comes to the health and care of your birds.

Sorry .He is the man.

I just found out my dog has round worms. I went to the vet and am treating her now. Should I worry about my chickens? I have never seen them get near any dog poo before so at first I was not to worried but now I am not so certain.

Back
Top Bottom