What kind of Wyandotte?

chookpalace

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 2, 2010
Here is the sole survivor of a dozen mixed Wyandotte eggs I ordered around 6 months ago. He looks like a mixed mutt to me but is from a reputable breeder of gold and silver laced and gold and silver pencilled Wyandottes. He doesn't look like any of them to me- just really patchy and multi coloured.It is extremely unlikely he is actually a mixture of breeds and in fact his shape looks like a Wyandotte. Should I keep him or is he a throwback/mistake? I am not experienced with Wyandotte roos but it seems they don't show the more defined markings of the girls. Will he moult into something more fancy? Sorry about the pic quality, but hope you can see what I mean. And sorry about the 2nd pic being upside down, I don't know why that is happening but I can't seem to change it!

definitely has the markings of a laced wyandotte...
idunno.gif

I have both SLW & BLW, this looks like it's a cross from both of those but I'm not for sure. I was thinking splash too which can happen and a splash roo is something all BLRW people die for.

Thanks sherylreno, somehow I missed your post last time but I did wonder if he was a 'splash' - I don't have enough experience to know! Here are a couple more photos of him, a little older. I'm going to put him with my two Silver laced girls soon. If he is a splash, what would my chance of getting splash babies be?

Having black tail and chest make him not splash. To me he looks mix of Silver Penciled and Blue Laced Wyandottes

Back
Top Bottom