MUST. HAVE!
big_smile.png

Quote:
they have BLUE ones!?!?!
th.gif
MUST. HAVE!
big_smile.png

Haha, you and your blues!!

I would second the quail or duck suggestion. Since you are incognito with your birds, I have heard that muscovy ducks do not quack at all, and have also heard they are the best tasting duck there is. Another quiet duck is the Black Cayuga. They do quack, but it is very faint. One problem with the muscovies is that they can fly, so they would need to be penned or clipped.
Both lay eggs seasonally, but their season is fairly long from my understanding. I think it is around March to October, but have heard they can start in February, and many on here are telling of their ducks still laying, and it's November!!

But for meat purposes, I would go with the jumbo quail if you decide on quail that is!
smile.png
They are supposed to get up to a pound, though I only know this from reading, as I do not have any jumbos!

Good luck!

Quote:
they have BLUE ones!?!?!
th.gif
MUST. HAVE!
big_smile.png

Haha, you and your blues!!

I would second the quail or duck suggestion. Since you are incognito with your birds, I have heard that muscovy ducks do not quack at all, and have also heard they are the best tasting duck there is. Another quiet duck is the Black Cayuga. They do quack, but it is very faint. One problem with the muscovies is that they can fly, so they would need to be penned or clipped.
Both lay eggs seasonally, but their season is fairly long from my understanding. I think it is around March to October, but have heard they can start in February, and many on here are telling of their ducks still laying, and it's November!!

But for meat purposes, I would go with the jumbo quail if you decide on quail that is!
smile.png
They are supposed to get up to a pound, though I only know this from reading, as I do not have any jumbos!

Good luck!

hehe i LOOVE my blues
big_smile.png

Yep I agree with Shelley on everything (duckies including---though I dont have much experience with them but from what i've read). My one A & M hen MAY be an lb I need to get a small scale again and weigh her.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom