what lockdown heat temp shuold i be at?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chicken delighted, Jul 11, 2011.

1. chicken delighted

chicken delighted Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    mesick,michigan
    chicks due friday 21,just turned off turner and placed them on the screen with a rubber shelfliner on bottom for them little feet.
    i know humity to be bump to 60-70 % but how about temp i ran it between 101.3-102.0 since egg and temp gauge are at same leavel what should my temp be now [​IMG]
    [​IMG] also eggs feel heavy hope that is a good thng [​IMG] dark shell eggs hard to candle

2. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Usually you keep your temp exactly the same as it has been through the incubation. Some people like to turn it down a degree or so in the last day before they're due to hatch, but that's personal preference. At this stage the chicks are pretty much fully developed, so a slightly lower temp won't do any harm. I guess some people like to have it slightly lower for when they hatch, so if they're in the bator for a couple of days while the hatch takes place, it's not so hot for them. I've never turned my own temp down though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by